Monday, April 27, 2009

Loser

I entered Nixon in her first auto show on Friday. They had a car/bike show at work to raise money for the March of Dimes. She isn't all that pretty yet, but she is an antique. Besides, it was a good excuse to ride her into work and donate a little money to charity. The ride in was fairly nice. The sun had just come up so it was still pretty cool and the traffic wasn't as bad as I was expecting. It took about 45 minutes to get to work, including a fuel stop.

There were some nice cars at the show, including a couple Porsches, an NSX, a triumph, old corvette and beetle. The only other bikes there were a couple of gaudy HDs. Nixon didn't win anything, but I had a good time talking to other guys about there cars and my bike. We aren't allowed to take pictures at work, so I don't have anything to show.

The ride home was not as enjoyable as the ride to work. By that time, it had gotten up above 85 and the traffic was terrible. I had my heavy leather jacket on so I got pretty sweatty sitting at all of the red lights with the heat coming up off of the engine. At a few of the longer lights, I shut the bike off to try to keep it from overheating. I'm not sure why yet, but she tends to die if I sit at a red light idling too long. I may just need to get the carbs dialed in.

The Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club show is coming up in a couple of weeks in Marietta and I expect to see lots of cool bikes there. I also just ordered a new phone with a 3MP camera, so hopefully my pictures will be much better soon.

No comments: