Thursday, October 27, 2011

Round and Round We Go

Barber - Part 3

About 11 am it was time for the parade lap where you can ride your bike around the track.  About 10 of us from the show joined about 50 other bikes to do a couple laps.  We had to follow behind a motorcycle cop keeping the pace so we couldn't go too fast, but it was still a lot of fun.  If you dropped back a bit, you could go pretty fast for awhile until you caught up to the pace bike.  In one sharp corner I dragged my toe on the ground.  I need to learn to keep my toes up.



We took our bikes back to the show and spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out, chatting and watching the races.  One of my favorite memories of the afternoon was seeing about 10 people all sitting around Jason from Dime City while he told the story of his recent trip to Bonneville while he sat on Troybilt's bike, Willow.

As the sun set and the festivities wrapped up for the day, a group of us left Barber and had a blast riding the back roads back to Kanticoy's place.  We spent the rest of the night sharing stories, beers and some awesome BBQ.






A little later the guys from Dime City showed up along with Mark Wilsmore of the Ace Cafe in London.  It was pretty cool to have some cafe racer scene celebrities hanging out at the party.  We all got together for a group shot at one point to commemorate the event.



The next morning I slept in until 7 when the rooster started crowing.  After some much needed coffee some of the guys helped me get Nixon back in the trailer and we headed back to the festival.  I spent the morning walking around the huge swapmeet area with CCRider and some of the other guys.  Around noon I said goodbye to as many people as I could find on my way back to the truck and headed back home.  It was a truly great time and I can't wait to do it again next year.

(Thanks to Kioskguy and Mothgils for the photos)

No comments: