Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Queue

Barber - Part 2

I woke up around 6:00 shortly after it got light outside.  I find it hard to sleep late when I'm camping.  Besides, I had to get some caffeine in me and fix my bike before the show.  I chatted with some other early risers and messed around with my bike for awhile.  I put a new spark plug in the side that wasn't firing and it fired right up and ran fine.  At about 7:30 xulf13 wanted to take his repaired bike for a test ride so Fix and I went for a morning ride with him.  I needed to check my bike too.



We rode for about 30 minutes, stopping to get some gas and chat with a Harley rider who was asking us about our bikes.  On the ride I noticed that my engine wanted to race up to about 5000 rpms from idle.  There wasn't much I could do to fix that before the show since we had to leave Kanticoy's by 8:30, so I decided to just live with it for now since it was running fine, except at stoplights.

When it was time to go to the show, about 12 of us all fired up our bikes and headed out.  That was a sight to see and hear.  On the way, several bikes broke down (not unexpected) and then we ended up stuck in traffic waiting to get into the festival for about an hour.  My bike kept revving up so I ended up pushing it most of the way as we waited in the traffic.  We finally made it to the spot where the cafe racer show was and I got to take my leather jacket and helmet off and cool down for awhile in the shade.


I put my bike in line with some others, next to CCRider's awesome 450 and hung out, checking out the other bikes and talking to the builders.



Some close-ups of Nixon



(Thanks to Kioskguy and Mothgils for the photos)

No comments: