Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Beginning

I'm not really sure what your are supposed to put in your first blog post. I guess I should just give a little background as to why I'm doing this.

In the summer of '08, I really had the urge to ride a motorcycle again.

In high school and college, I had a 1981 Honda CB400 that I had bought for $500. I really liked riding it. When I moved to Atlanta, I didn't want to ride it in all of that traffic, so it sat for 2 years until I sold it, for $500.

So, since I was back working in SC where there isn't much traffic, I set out to find another bike. My wonderful wife finally gave in to my incessant pleading and said, "Fine, but you can only use YOUR money, not OURS." That means I would have to use my birthday and Christmas money, which when you are an adult, doesn't come in by the truckload. The most I could muster was about $500 after Christmas and asking everyone to just give me money for my birthday.

Now, the quality of bikes that you can buy for $500 is not very good. In fact, it is pretty rare that you can find anything that is actually running. So, I started watching Ebay and Craigslist every day to see what would pop up.

To be continued....

No comments: