I'm still waiting for my new rear tire to come in so I have slowly been taking more and more parts off of the bike and cleaning/polishing them. I finished polishing the gauges and I'm waiting for it to warm up a bit so I can paint the bracket that holds the gauges. I also had to buy some new rubber gaskets for them as the old ones had pretty much rotted away.
I cleaned up the rear shocks the other night while watching TV and I've started on the front wheel. I took the front brake apart and everything seems pretty good there. The previous owner must have recently replaced both sets of brake shoes. I took the front wheel bearings out to clean, inspect and repack them with grease but I found they did not turn very smoothly. Not like the rear ones at all. So, I went ahead and ordered a new set for $10. Hopefully I got the right ones.
I probably won't be updating this blog for a month or two since it is pretty cold now and I'll just be cleaning and polishing instead of riding. If anything humorous happens, I'll let you know about it.