Monday, December 22, 2008

Winter Cleaning

I'm still waiting for my new rear tire to come in so I have slowly been taking more and more parts off of the bike and cleaning/polishing them. I finished polishing the gauges and I'm waiting for it to warm up a bit so I can paint the bracket that holds the gauges. I also had to buy some new rubber gaskets for them as the old ones had pretty much rotted away.

I cleaned up the rear shocks the other night while watching TV and I've started on the front wheel. I took the front brake apart and everything seems pretty good there. The previous owner must have recently replaced both sets of brake shoes. I took the front wheel bearings out to clean, inspect and repack them with grease but I found they did not turn very smoothly. Not like the rear ones at all. So, I went ahead and ordered a new set for $10. Hopefully I got the right ones.

I probably won't be updating this blog for a month or two since it is pretty cold now and I'll just be cleaning and polishing instead of riding. If anything humorous happens, I'll let you know about it.

No comments: