Monday, October 4, 2010

444 CCs of Environmentally Unfriendly

Not a whole lot to post about except I've finished the engine! All it needs is some oil and to be put back into a bike and she is ready to push me down the highway at speeds grandmothers are afraid to drive. It got a very thorough cleaning and scuffing with sandpaper and another good cleaning with some lacquer thinner. I used high heat primer and satin black to paint it. It came out really nice. I then replaced all of the bolts with new polished stainless bolts and put everything back together. My dad helped my get the pistons back on. Then I put the head on and fed the cam chain through the guides. I got the camshafts aligned and riveted the cam chain back together. I Set the valve clearances and put all of the other stuff back on. Now, if only I could find a tank.....

Priming the Bottom End of the Engine

Painting the bottom


Painting the top


The pistons and cylinders are on


Feeding the cam chain through


All buttoned up and looking pretty

2 comments:

Russ said...

When are the updates coming on this build? It's been too long.

Unknown said...

Nice job on the engine. I can't get the slime off my CB450 to save my life!